Wiring Up the Prototype

Impatient to hear what this thing would sound like, I had a ‘hoke’ through my garage to find a suitable box to put it in for testing. The only thing I could find was an old die-cast box which once held a radar sensor from a burglar alarm I had built years before. It had been part of a system I had installed in a local shop but this one had been zapped by a lightning strike and had been replaced!

I ripped out the old guts, drilled some new holes for the pots and stuck the BCD edge switch to the side with a mass of duck tape 🙂

Image

It didn’t work at first but, after fixing a bad solder joint , success!! We got echos, lots of lovely echos and the tone of the guitar seemed to be improved too. Piet has included the fetzervalve circuit in the pre-amp stage so that seems to have improved the tone.

It won't win any prizes for good looks!

It won’t win any prizes for good looks!

The edge switch is stuck on the side with duck tape.

The edge switch is stuck on the side with duck tape.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s