This is the front panel fitted into the Conrad Electronics Steel/Aluminium enclosure 520470. I’m very impressed with the quality of this box. The top and bottom halves of the case are 1.5mm steel with black powder-coated finish and louvres. The front and rear panels are brushed aluminium 1.0mm thick with flanges on all four sides, making them pretty rigid.
All the switches, controls and LCD fitted temporarily. Will wire them up and then remove for fitting front panel printed transparency.
The front panel of the new valve pre-amp EchoTapper
… to building EchoTapper units!
Yes, I’ve started another one. This one will have the ‘works’
- a valve pre-amp with separate input and output level controls
- full automation using a built in Arduino Uno for patch editing and storage
- RGB LCD display just ‘cos it looks cool 🙂
- Rotary encoder for patch changing/editing
- MIDI In to allow remote patch changing eg. by MIDI foot controller/sequencer/backing track player
- MIDI Out for <not decided yet>
- a foot-switch for simple Up/Down patch changing
- USB for updating the internal firmware and possibly for transferring patch data to and from a host computer.
I’ve been gathering the parts over the last month or so and most are now with me. I have also been updating the Arduino software for the various new additions.