I’ve finished wiring the pots and the ‘peak’ LED on the front panel. That should be the front panel now completed and ready for the application of the self-adhesive film with the control labels and graphics.
Connecting the EchoTapper Universal Interface shield (designed by Piet Verbruggen) to the Eccamatic Valve eTap2hw pcb (designed by Eric Thacker aka ‘ecca’).
The blue (Pot0), violet (Pot1) and grey (Pot 2) wires send the control voltages from the Arduino to the SKRM module (not yet mounted) on ecca’s board. The brown (+3.3V), red (SW0) , orange (SW1) and yellow (SW2) wires send the echo model select signals to the SKRM, replicating the action of the original BCD switch in the manual eTap2hw.
I used Google Sketchup (a free 3D modelling package) to design the layout of the Valve Preamp EchoTapper. Here are a couple of views
I’ve now mounted the pcb’s for the valve pre-amp and the Eccamatic motherboard. I made a last-minute decision to mount the Eccamatic pcb in a vertical orientation after I suddenly realized it would fit that way. This frees up a bit of space for the connections between the boards and leaves a bit of room for future expansion – if I think of anything to do with it 😉